Agricultural enterprises (mostly small and medium-sized ones) do not get full access to all market information, especially predictive and analytical information. This is a major difficulty facing agricultural small and medium-sized enterprises while the economy is deeply integrating into the regional and world economies.
Via most mass media, agricultural and rural policy-related information is being disseminated to relevant subjects under different forms, both at central and local levels. However, this information mainly focuses on informing new policies, introducing policy beneficiaries, when and where the policy will be implemented in a top-to-bottom manner. Feedback from beneficiaries on the implementation of policies is less paid attention to and it mostly takes the form of opinions from single individuals or a few organizations.
Meanwhile, in several current policy advisory units like the Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agricultural and Rural Development, policy staff has been carrying out many studies concerning supports to agricultural small and medium-sized enterprises in a systematic and effective manner. These studies have not widely been publicized to all subjects yet.
In order to support the development of agricultural small and medium-sized enterprises in Vietnam, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has approved a 5-year master project "Studying policy proposals for supporting agricultural small and medium-sized enterprises in 2006-2010" which is financed by Spain and assigned to the Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agricultural Development Rural to perform. One of the goals set for current phase is to enhance capacity of communications to assist such businesses.
Information Center for Agriculture and Rural Development is supported by the Project Management Unit to work as a hub which connects and gathers all information about the market and supporting policies for agricultural small and medium-sized enterprises inside and outside of IPSARD and which is connected with communications agencies to promote information dissemination in a quick and effective manner to relevant subjects.
To fulfill these tasks, the Center is promoting the establishment of an expert team (including Expert on agricultural commodity market analysis, focused on fishery products) who are responsible for providing market information with specific content and requirements as follows:
Joining WTO and following market economy, Vietnam is removing entrance barriers of retail and distribution industry to international corporations. This is a huge challenge to SMEs,
The objective of this mission is to improve market analysis of Vietnam fishery products to be provided to a wide range of stakeholders, especially SMEs with valuable market information for them to make good and timely decisions in agricultural production and trading activities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The scope of work of the legal consultant includes but not limited to the following:
· Develop a strategy to update and develop market information relating to fishery products including both information within and without Vietnam
· Along with Agroinfo, develop expert group for fishery products (TOR, action plan of group).
· Set up the outline of commodity profile
· Set up the list of publications, available research results and database, information sources, relating to fishery products.
· Review a number of agricultural market analysis tools.
· Set up and develop outline for a series of information products to meet the needs of the commodity stakeholders, especially SMEs.
· A strategy to update and develop market information on fishery products, including both information within and without Vietnam
· TOR, action plan of expert group for fishery products.
· Outline of commodity profile
· The list of publications, available research results and database, information sources, relating to fishery products.
· Report on agricultural market analysis tools.
· Outline for a series of information products to meet the needs of the commodity stakeholders, especially SMEs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
· At least good bachelor degree (priority is given to master degree) in economics, agricultural economics, foreign trade.
· Experiences in economic analysis, market analysis
· Priority is given to those having connections with SMEs in agricultural sector, especially those trading and producing fishery products
· Qualified in speaking, reading, understanding English.
From May 2010 to May 2011; 5 days per week and 8 hours per day.