Consultant supporting the development of TORs
The IFAD-funded project: “Knowledge network for participatory feedback in rural development policy” is implemented for the 2010-2011 period. The two-year project aims to assist the Government in adopting the market-based poverty reduction approach in agriculture and rural development through delivering policy and institution reforms.
The project has three components. The component 1, which is “to assess impact of new rural development options”, aims to build a data collecting system relevant to project impact assessment, household information, poverty information, farmer-enterprise cooperation information. In addition, under this component, good practices and lessons learnt from IFAD’s project in Vietnam will be synthesized and documented. The component 2 of the project is “sharing the knowledge of rural innovations” on the basis of results and findings of component 1. The 2nd component is expected to work out policy briefs, enhance policy dialogues and promote sharing rural development experiences.
The project is looking for Vietnamese nationals to support PMU in developing TORs for activities under component 1 of the project. The successful candidate will be offered a one month contract.
- To study about projects: goals, objectives, components, activities and other relevant documents.
- To support PMU design and develop TORs for activities of the component 1 of the project including:
Ø TOR of activity 1: Design and propose tools and methodology to carry out project assessment; Support three IFAD-supported provinces to test the developed tools and methodology to its project.
Ø TOR of activity 2: Design and propose a household monitoring system of which the output data can be used as inputs for household projection. Support three IFAD-supported provinces to test the system to its projects.
Ø TOR of activity 3: Design and propose a poverty information system that can be applied in IFAD projects. Support three IFAD-supported provinces to test this system to its projects.
Ø TOR of activity 4: Design and propose a system that can be used for monitoring Public Private Partnership (PPP) based on SME approach in IFAD-supported provinces. Support three IFAD-supported provinces to test this system to its projects.
Ø TOR of activity 5: To review and make documentation of good practices and lessons learnt from IFAD-supported projects.
Ø TOR of activity 6: Build and design Provincial Profiles of Agricultural Commodities Business based on available data from IFAD’s projects, IFAD-supported provinces and market-commodity analysis done by IPSARD.
Expected outputs/ key deliverables
- Six TORs of activities 1 – 6 as mentioned above.
- Papers/ Documents should be produced both in English and Vietnamese
- One month
Consultant qualification requirements
- Consultant (individual or group) has at least 5-years working experiences on designing and conducting research or survey in agricultural field, rural development, rural development policies and strategies.
- Consultants have master degree or higher relating to: rural development, community development, data collection and management, agricultural economics, poverty reduction etc.
- Knowledgeable about Vietnam, its policies, systems and rural area.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and within a team
- English skill is preferable.
- Please send CV and a completed a cover letter in both English and Vietnamese to Ms. Nguyen Thi Nga, Room 502, Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development, No. 16 Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for application is 5 pm on 29th March 2011. Applications will be treated in confidence and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.